Tips for a Perfect Smile – How to Select a Cosmetic Dentist
Cosmetic dentists transform unsightly teeth into works of art, but the task of finding an affordable dentist with the level of skill necessary to do so can be a challenge. Every dentist is trained to make teeth look natural, but complicated conditions that require the years of experience and special training of a cosmetic dentist may be far beyond a general dentist’s scope. Cosmetic dentistry is not an officially recognized specialty in dentistry, so any affordable dentist can claim the title. To determine if one actually has the experience and skill, you must do a little homework.
How to Select a Cosmetic Dentist: Tips You Must Know
- Ask friends, relatives, coworkers, and other dental professionals for referrals. Most people are eager to share both their good and bad experiences.
- If you obtain a recommendation for an affordable dentist, check out the provider’s website, or schedule a consultation.
- Take a look at any available before-and-after photos of the prospective dentist’s work. You should be able to view these online or in person.
- If you are pleased with what you see, move on to the next step. Check the dentist’s credentials. You can often use online services to obtain the name of the dentist’s school, a list of degrees and continuing education courses, and details of his or her involvement in professional organizations.
- Look for advanced credentials. The most highly skilled and qualified cosmetic dentists are members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). These dentists are trained in the latest procedures and technologies used in cosmetic dentistry, so you can be sure that they stay current on the latest industry trends and uphold the highest standards of care.
- Before your consultation, make a detailed list explaining what you would like to change about your smile. Maintaining open and honest communication with your dentist is critical for getting the results you want. You may find that he or she has several possible options to discuss with you, so take your time, and think over all the possibilities before settling on a treatment plan.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Citrus Park, call Advanced Dental Care of Citrus Park today at (813) 448-3957 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Citrus Park. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Citrus Park, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Citrus Park.